An NYC Whistleblower Law Firm That Cares
If you are looking for an NYC whistleblower law firm, a simple Google search can leave you more than dazed and confused. As the Securities and Exchange Commission’s (SEC’s) Whistleblower Award Program has matured over its first 6 years and the SEC has announced several multi-million dollar awards to whistleblowers, more and more law firms are describing themselves as an NYC whistleblower law firm, to get you to hire them. Many of them try to convince you through their websites that they are the best NYC whistleblower law firm.
There are many questions you should be trying to answer. But chief among them should be whether the law firm really cares about you, or does the firm strike you as only being interested in the fees it may earn if you win an SEC award? Are they just buttering you up to get you to sign with them, or are their lawyers truly sensitive to what you are going through? Will they continue to care about you after they have convinced you to hire them, or will you get lost in their stable of clients while they go looking for their next score?
As you would when seeking to hire any professional, after reviewing an NYC whistleblower law firm website, stop and think about what they are actually telling you. Take a moment to read between the lines.
A Few Common Questions When Considering An NYC Whistleblower Law Firm
- What experience do its lawyers have representing SEC whistleblowers?
- Many law firms claim to be able to handle all aspects of any legal case you may have. But, while they may have experience in other areas, have they successfully represented clients in SEC whistleblower cases?
- Is the firm a generic whistleblower law firm, or is it focused on “SEC whistleblower” cases?
- Not all whistleblower cases are the same. For example, there are IRS whistleblowers, criminal whistleblowers, False Claims Act whistleblowers, and other types of whistleblowers. With all of the awards being announced, many law firms now claim to be “SEC whistleblower” firms, but has their experience historically been in representing other types of whistleblowers? Does the law firm focus on SEC whistleblowers, or is it a jack-of-all-trades?
- Each of these types of whistleblowers are different, as are the government agencies that cover them. Each agency has its own rules and its own culture that it has developed, often over many decades. Experience representing clients before the IRS is not the same as experience representing clients in cases before the SEC.
- How much past experience did this NYC whistleblower law firm have representing clients in SEC cases before 2010?
- The SEC whistleblower program was first created in Summer 2010. That is not very long ago. Did the lawyers at the law firm have extensive experience representing clients in SEC cases before 2010, or has the firm only recently jumped on the SEC bandwagon? Keep in mind that working for an agency is not the same as representing many different clients, over many years, in front of that agency.
The Pickholz Law Offices was one of the first law firms in the country to win an SEC whistleblower award for a client. We were also the first law firm ever to win an award on appeal to the full Commission in Washington, D.C. Inside Counsel magazine named this victory as one of the five milestones of the SEC whistleblower program.
Since the inception of our law firm, our motto has been “Because every case is the most important to the client involved”. We understand that and take it seriously.
Jason R. Pickholz, the founder of The Pickholz Law Offices, has been representing clients in SEC cases for over 20 years. He is a co-author of the two-volume book Securities Crimes published by Thomson Reuters, a leading legal publisher. He is also the sole author of the book’s comprehensive chapter on the SEC Whistleblower Award Program. Mr. Pickholz has taught continuing legal education courses for lawyers on the SEC whistleblower program, and was invited to lecture at a leading liberal arts university on SEC whistleblowers. In recognition of Mr. Pickholz’s achievements, he was nominated by his peers and elected to be a Fellow of The New York Bar Foundation, an honor limited to just 1% of New York State attorneys.
People from all over the United States have hired The Pickholz Law Offices to be their NYC SEC Whistleblower law firm. Our SEC whistleblower clients have included employees, officers, and directors in cases involving financial institutions and public companies listed in the Fortune Top 10, Top 20, Top 50, Top 100, and Top 500, and the Forbes Global 2000. Please feel free to click on our Testimonials link, or click here, to see what some of our clients have to say about us.
If you are thinking about hiring The Pickholz Law Offices as your SEC Whistleblower law firm and would like more information, please click on any of the links on the top or right side of this page.
If you would like to speak with an SEC whistleblower lawyer, you can call our offices at 347-746-1222. Your initial conversation of up to one hour is free of charge, and you are under no obligation to hire The Pickholz Law Offices when it is finished.